At O’Neill we are committed to making our production operations more energy efficient, environmentally-friendly and sustainable. We were honored to receive our official sustainability certification from the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA), the industry-leading program that audits sustainable practices and continuous improvement among California wineries and vineyards.
O’Neill Vintners is also proud to hold mulitple quality control and efficiency accreditations, including HACCP, BRC, CCOF and special audit approvals from several global retailers (see Affiliations page for more details). Recently, we installed a new solar system that generates enough electricity to power our entire bottling operation and case goods warehouse. Other sustainability measures include:
- Jacketed and insulated stainless steel tanks
- Upgraded and modernized refrigeration equipment
- Improved and altered distillation processes decreasing natural gas usage
- Recaptured ethanol emissions from our barrel storage warehouses
- Established major recycling programs for scrap metal, glass, cardboard, etc.
- Sourced lightweight wine bottles and packaging materials featuring recyclable content
- Ongoing water convervation efforts